Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Way back when

Ahhh, Addie is finally asleep and I have a moment to update my blog while enjoying a lovely, long overdue glass of wine. Everything seems to be happening so fast. Addie is growing and changing so much that it is hard to keep up with. It seems like just yesterday she wasn't able to hold her head up on her own and now she's practically able to sit up. I am still so amazed that she can intentionally reach for objects and that she is starting to giggle when I'm acting crazy (instead of stare at me like I'm acting crazy). It seems like yesterday I was blogging about Addie smearing her food all over her face while eating and now she hardly gets any on her bib. I'm going to blink and she's going to be going to her first day of school. I am determined to cherish my days with her as much as I can because I know I will miss them with each new stage that she reaches. It's the joy of being a mother; to watch her learn and experience new things, to see her develop new skills, to have a special relationship with her that grows as she grows. The flip side is that it's sad. In a good way, I suppose, but it's still sad to watch them meet these new milestones and leave what once was normal behind. When you no longer have the joy of swaddling her for bedtime or when you have to put all of the clothes that don't fit anymore away and pull out the next size up, when you have to move up to a new size diaper and trade out the bottle for a bowl and spoon. So, because I'm feeling that way today, this is an ode to my little toot. So that I can remember. Love her.
Just working on her tan
Ok, so this outfit is a little big, but she wears it so well:)
Loves to have those hands by her head! She was just like this in all of the sonograms.

No comments:

Post a Comment