Thursday, April 7, 2011

right on the money

I'm going to provide a little background before I get into this story. Adam and I have been super busy doing things around the house trying to get it ready to put on the market. This process takes a lot longer when you have a 6 month old, a slipped disc, and a husband who works a 12 hour rotating swing shift. But we're getting it done and we're hoping to put it on the market next week. With that being said we are right here at the end of all of these little projects and we're are on our last push to wrap everything up. We've been running around like maniacs desperate to be finished with this ordeal.

OK, so yesterday morning we rented a carpet cleaner from Lowe's at 10:40am. If you have ever done this before you know that it has to be back at the store the following day at 10:40am or they charge you for an extra day. Upon renting the carpet cleaner the Lowe's employee informed us that if it wasn't clean when we returned it they would charge a $15 fee. Of course, Addie doesn't wake up this morning until 9:30 (which, trust me, I'm not complaining about but it just happened to be a little bit of a bummer in the present situation). I jump up and start rushing around trying to feed her, get myself presentable, etc. Adam has already come home from working the night shift and gone to sleep, so I have no help getting this done. I feed little toot, who also happens to not be interested in eating her food this morning but more interested in trying to get the newspaper that is on the other side of the table. It's 10:25am and all I need to do is to rinse out the carpet cleaner with the hose outside, load up Addie, and run it back to Lowe's. I take Addie and the Bumbo and put it on the walkway outside. I wheel the carpet cleaner out there and go around to get the hose so that I can spray it down. I turn the water on and begin to walk back to the cleaner, pulling the hose to unwind it from the spool. Because I was in a hurry I thought it faster just to continue to yank the hose as opposed to taking a moment to unwind it at the spicket. I can hear that the water is on but no water is coming out yet. I give it one more big yank and I feel the water immediately start to shoot out the hose. I gasp, and a big thick heavy stream of water comes shooting out of the hose....and lands directly on Addie's forehead. I dropped the hose and ran over to her and started wiping the water off of her face asking her if she was ok. All she did was make the cutest little "o" with her lips (like, "whoa that was cold and what was that? Mommy, is that supposed to happen when I sit outside?") and blinked wildly at me. I can't imagine what was going through her head but she was a trooper! Poor angel. Thankfully, I did get the cleaner back to Lowe's in time. When we walked in Addie's hair was still wet from our incident. Oh, bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment