Thursday, February 17, 2011

first post ever.

For my first post ever I would like to state that Addison does not like pears, I am balding, and we are dealing with constipation (we, in the sense that, Addison is constipated and I am dealing with it). In lieu of the last sentence, I would like to go ahead and apologize to Addison, and you might as well throw in my husband Adam, for any embarrassing stories and/or photos that may appear on this blog. I am, after all, chronicling our lives and it wouldn't be thorough if I didn't include the good stuff :)

So, back to the pears. We tried them this morning for the first time. Addie showed me how much she enjoyed them by gagging (complete with sound affects) each time I put a spoonful in her mouth. The great thing was that she never stopped opening her mouth to take them. I guess she kept hoping I would get the message and put something different on the spoon. I love her for it. At lunch time I think we'll try.....pears. She's gotta expand those little taste buds and you always have to try something more than once. Ahhhhh, it should be fun.

And my balding. So, most of you know that many women suffer from some hair loss after giving birth. It's a direct effect from those pesky hormones raging out of control. Well, I am going out on a limb and saying that my hair loss is significant. It's actually more than significant, it's gotten ridiculous. Now, my friends and family would say that I'm overreacting, that it's not that bad. Right, well, my receding hair line is receding and my hair is parting in areas that I can't even describe. In a few days, I will be looking for that "hair in an aerosol can" that they sold in the '80's so that I can fill some gaps.

And, last but not least, constipation. Poor little pants (one of Addie's numerous nicknames) has been dealing with constipation for about two and half months now. It all started when she wasn't able to keep down the "regular"' formula anymore so we had to switch her to the spit-up formula, which I always laugh about to myself because it sounds like you're saying the formula is actually spit-up. Anyway, this formula is very thick and causes her to be constipated. We have taken measures to try and alleviate the problem; apple juice, Karo syrup, etc., but it still seems to linger, no pun intended. Which brings me full circle back to the pears that I hope will help remedy some of the constipation. As I'm sure most of you are on the edge of your seat in anticipation, I do promise to keep you updated on her bowels. And to Carrie and Kalen, my beautiful, sweet cousins that I love so dearly, you know what childhood memory this conjures up. All I have to say is bran. Amen?

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Like your blog Mendy it will be fun to read about your life! I see one thing you haven't lost is your sense of humor! Miss you! Hey I'm adding you to my blog list now:)

    ReplyDelete